August 3rd, 2023 – 4:20 PM
Georgia Department of Transportation –
On Thursday afternoon the Georgia Department of Transportation gave a monthly project update for Northwest Georgia.
In Floyd County, the Bridge construction project on State Route 293 over Dykes Creek is 8% complete with a current estimated completion date of late 2025.
Another Floyd Project resurfacing State Route 20 from State Route 100 to State Route 1 is 4% complete with a current estimated completion date of late 2023.
Other GDOT project updates in NWGA:
- Old Alabama Road Widening: The project is about 43% complete. Current Completion Date: End of 2024.
- Cassville-White Road Roundabout Construction: The project is approximately 62% complete. Crews continue to build the roundabouts as well as new interstate ramps. Current Completion Date: Spring 2024.
- Highway 41 Bridge Construction over State Route 293 and CSX railroad in Emerson: Work is just beginning. Current Completion Date: End of 2025.
Gordon and Bartow County
- Resurfacing I-75 from US 411 to Dews Pond Road overpass: Approximately 9% complete. Current Completion Date: Early 2024.
- SR 92 widening from Malone Road to Nebo Road: 68% complete. Current Completion Date: Fall 2024.
- Bridge construction on SR 101 over Euharlee Creek Tributary: 27% complete. Preparing to install main water pipe. Current Completion Date: Summer 2024.
- Bridge construction on SR 48 over Raccoon Creek: 34% complete. Current Completion Date: Summer 2024.