March 11th, 2022
Floyd County Emergency Management –
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for portions of NW Georgia, in effect from 4 AM through 1 PM Saturday:
· Snow accumulations have been raised slightly for NW Georgia, now expecting more widespread 1-2″ amounts (with locally higher amounts) for far NW GA
· Trace to 1″ amounts have been pushed slightly farther south/east (across northwest & west-central GA)
· A Wind Advisory has been issued for all of north and central Georgia, in effect from 1 AM Tonight through 7 PM Saturday.
· Given the widespread sub-freezing temperatures expected Saturday night/Sunday morning, a Freeze Warning is expected to be issued later today or tonight.
Multiple weather hazards are expected across north and central GA tonight through Saturday night. Showers and thunderstorms are expected across central Georgia along a warm front approaching from the Gulf Coast this afternoon/evening.
In addition, a cold front approaching from the west will also impact north and central Georgia tonight/Saturday that will bring a variety of hazardous weather threats including isolated thunderstorms, the potential for winter precipitation, gusty winds, and freezing temperatures through Sunday morning.
· Showers and thunderstorms will develop and overspread the area by this evening with locally heavy rain and gusty winds expected.
· Mainly after midnight tonight — Strong to severe thunderstorms anywhere along and south of I-85.
· Primary threats with any storms: Damaging wind gusts (primary threat), and possible tornadoes