December 26, 2021–6:19 p.m.
Beginning Thursday at 7:00 p.m. the Georgia Department of Revenue will begin a system upgrade to the state’s DRIVES system (Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System) to improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
The upgrade will require vehicle registrations and titling services, including e-Services and tag renewal kiosks, to be unavailable Thursday, December 30, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. through Monday, January 3.
Vehicle owners with expiration dates in late December and early January are encouraged to renew prior to December 30, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. to avoid delays.
• Floyd County Tag Office and the Georgia Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle Division will be unable to process transactions.
• All online motor vehicle-related services, including online tag renewal services, will be unavailable.
• Customers and dealers seeking to conduct any title transactions should complete their business at the Floyd County Tag Office prior to Thursday, December 30, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
• Dealers will be able to initiate electronic title and registration (ETR) transactions and issue emergency temporary operating permits (TOPs) over New Year’s weekend.
• Law enforcement will still have access to motor vehicle records.
Please note that Floyd County will already be closed on Friday, December 31, 2021, in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
The Tag Office will be closed on Monday, January 3, 2022, and will resume normal operations on Tuesday, January 4 at 8:00 a.m.
Please visit the county tag website at www.floydcountytax.com for more information on upcoming scheduling changes.