June 21st, 2021 – 11:40 AM
Floyd Medical Center –
Floyd Medical Center has announced that it is easing visitation restrictions beginning Monday, June 21st.
“Visitors are an essential part of our patients’ experience, and we are working diligently to help patients stay connected to their loved ones. We must also ensure that equally essential COVID-Safe Standards are in place. Your understanding and cooperation with our visitation policy are appreciated.”
Visitation restrictions for Floyd hospitals and outpatient services are provided below.
- Only two designated visitors per hospitalized patient will be permitted. Visitation will be limited to the hours between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Requests for additional visitors due to special circumstances, such as end-of-life, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected of having the COVID-19 infection will not be permitted to have visitors.
- Specific situations such as pediatric patients or patients with special needs will require evaluation to weigh the risk and benefits of allowing visitation.
- All visitors and patients will be screened before entering the hospital.
- Visitors with flu-like symptoms and those with a positive or pending COVID-19 test will not be granted access.
- Visitors to inpatient units will be given a red armband and a mask. Masks and the armband should be worn for the entirety of the visit.
- Visitors should observe social distancing and practice appropriate hand hygiene while in a Floyd facility.
- Non-emergency patients and visitors may enter hospitals only at the main entrances.
- Emergency patients and visitors should enter hospitals at emergency room entrances.
- Floyd Medical Center’s North Entrance on Turner McCall Boulevard and the Turner McCall Boulevard parking deck remain closed to the public.
- No visitors younger than 16 will be permitted.
- Visitors older than 65 and those who are at increased risk for complications from COVID-19 are discouraged from visiting.
*For more on the Floyd Medical Center visitation restrictions, please see the complete guidelines at the page linked HERE