March 30th, 2021 – 4:10 PM
National Weather Service in Peachtree City –
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Georgia including Bartow, Chattooga, Floyd, Gordon, Paulding, and Polk From 8 PM EDT this evening through Wednesday evening.
* Rain, heavy at times, will return to north Georgia overnight tonight through the day Wednesday.
Rainfall totals of 1 to 2 inches are expected with locally higher amounts to 2.5 inches.
Persisting saturated soils and high streamflows, combined with these forecast rainfall amounts, will keep the risk of flash flooding high through Wednesday.
Showers and scattered thunderstorms will become more widespread on Wednesday and Wednesday night.
Isolated storms could become strong to severe with damaging wind and large hail.
Heavy rain looks likely for far north Georgia through Wednesday evening which may cause some localized flooding issues.
The Flood Warning continues for the Armuchee Creek near Armuchee, and the Oostanaula River near Resaca affecting Floyd and Gordon Counties.
The Flood Warning also continues for the Coosa River near Rome (Mayos Bar L & D Park) until further notice:
* At 12:45 PM EDT Tuesday the stage was 26.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 24.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Impact…At 26.9 feet, Minor flooding continues in the woodlands, fields, and pastures along the river upstream and downstream from the gage on the old Lock and Dam behind the Trading Post. The boat ramp will be completely under water at Lock and Dam park.