May 27, 2020–6:11 a.m.
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Polk County has reported its first COVID-19 death.
It is not known if the 67-year old man had any underlying medical conditions.
Meanwhile, the Georgia Department of Public Health reports one additional death in Floyd County, bringing the total to 15 since the start of the pandemic.
Two more Bartow County residents have died.
The total deaths in Bartow County are now at 38.
These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) as of 5/26/2020, 9:00:03 AM.
Total Tests: 514,945
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases: 43,983
ICU Admissions: 1,728
Georgia Cases by NWGA County:
- Floyd County: 243 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 15 deaths.
- Polk County: 101 confirmed cases, 1 death.
- Chattooga County: 24 Confirmed Cases, and 2 Deaths.
- Bartow County: 452 confirmed cases, and 38 deaths.
- Gordon County: 137 confirmed cases, and 15 deaths
You can view the full daily report here: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report