May 20, 2020–7:47 a.m.
The Rome Police Department is pleased to announce that it will implement Non-Emergency Online Incident Reporting. This will be available to the citizens beginning May 21, 2020. We recognize that COVID-19 has changed our lives in many ways. We want everyone to stay safe during these times and still have access to file non-emergency reports without the need for person to person contact with a police officer.
The link to the non-emergency reporting can be found at
Persons interested in using this self-reporting option should keep the following in mind
- The incident should be NON-EMERGENCY
- The incident must have occurred INSIDE the City Limits of Rome, Georgia
- There are no injuries involved
- No physical evidence needs to be collected
- The incident being reported is for Lost Property, Theft by taking $1500 or less and Damage to Property less than $500
Persons needing a report where the suspect is present or there is a need for immediate police or medical assistance should not use this reporting option. Those persons should call 911 and request an officer. Please do not call 911 for instructions on how to use this program. The program is user friendly and will guide you through the process and a FAQ section to assist you.