September 20th, 2022 – 2:22 PM
WBHF Radio –
Bartow County fire firefighters have reported multiple fires recently:
According to Bartow County Fire and Emergency Services, a doublewide mobile home at Two Run Crossing was lost to fire Monday afternoon. Crews were called to 113 Two Run Crossing off Griffin Road. The occupant and two teenage boys were able to escape. The adult male said the boy first discovered the fire. They attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher and then a hose but quickly got out of control.
In a separate fire, Sunday at approximately 12:10 a.m. Bartow County Fire & Emergency Services were dispatched to 64 Dodson Dr. S.W. to report a residential structure fire. No one was home when the fire started. Crews arrived on the scene to find a single-story residential structure with nothing showing. Crews made access to the interior of the home and found that there had been a fire that had burned itself out. There was a heat lamp for chickens that had caught fire and burned the ceiling, walls, and flooring near the enclosure. The home sustained moderate damage due to the heat and smoke from the fire. No injuries were reported, however, the chickens and family dog succumbed to the smoke from the fire.