September 5, 2022–7:04 p.m.
On September 11, 2001, our nation was stunned by multiple terrorist attacks and 412 emergency service personnel gave their lives that day.
Rome and Floyd County will remember these brave individuals during the annual remembrance service this Friday at 9:00 am at The Rome/Floyd County Firefighters Memorial.
The service will include a timetable of 9/11, the presentation of the memorial wreath, and the playing of Taps.
This year’s service is sponsored by the Rome Exchange Club.
2022 September 11th Remembrance Service schedule:
- “Rescue” (Amanda Lindsey Scholl)
- Welcome (Doug Walker)
- Prayer (Second Avenue Baptist Church Pastor, Reverend Jacob Roberts)
- Presentation of Colors (Rome High AFJROTC Color Guard)
- “The National Anthem” (Amanda Lindsey Scholl)
- Timetable of 9/11 events (Doug Walker)
- Presentation of the Memorial Wreath (Presented by Sherry Peace, escorted by E911 Director Sommer Davis Robinson and Gwinnett County Fire & Emergency Services Driver Engineer Nick Donegan) Sherry Peace is the widow of Bill Peace who was widely known around the Rome/Floyd County area for his countless years of dedicated service in various roles as a first responder.
- Taps (Rome City Police PFC Aaron Thacker)
- Remarks and Prayer (Rome Fire Department Chaplin Don Bullard)
- “God Bless America” (Amanda Lindsey Scholl)
- “Amazing Grace” (Bagpiper Joe Dunaway)
- Conclusion (Doug Walker)