April 20th, 2021 – 5:35 AM
Georgia Northwestern Technical College –
Six students representing Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GNTC) placed in the Georgia Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) Virtual State Leadership Conference held in early April.
According to Mark Upton, GNTC Marketing Management program director and PBL coordinator, the six GNTC students participated in 10 events and placed either first or second in each event. All winners will have the opportunity to compete in the PBL National Leadership Conference in June.
“Congratulations to our hardworking students, they did an outstanding job,” he said. “I also want to recognize their instructors who have done an excellent job preparing these students.”
In place of the traditional conference floor at the Westin in Atlanta, a private Facebook group served as a virtual environment during the week-long competition. The changes were made to adapt to CDC guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The outcome of the state competition was phenomenal,” said GNTC President Dr. Heidi Popham. “Congratulations to our PBL award winners. I am looking forward to their continued success at the PBL nationals.”
Listed below are the first and second place winners including the student’s name, GNTC Campus and competition. Team competitions are listed with the competition name first.
- Tatiana Edwards, Floyd County Campus (FCC), Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Tatiana Edwards, FCC, Retail Management
- Amber Grant, FCC, Business Decision Making
- Business Ethics, (Amber Grant, FCC, and Arianna Pullum, GCC)
- Zitlali Aguilar Moreno, WMC, Community Service Project
- Zitlali Aguilar Moreno, WMC, Future Business Executive
- Jennifer Still, FCC, Insurance Concepts
- Jennifer Still, FCC, Marketing Concepts
- Jose Gonzalez, FCC, Management Analysis and Decision Making
- Jose Gonzalez, FCC, Marketing Analysis and Decision Making