OneStat.com Web Analytics

One dead in Friday morning fire in Gordon County

November 29, 2019–3:49 p.m.

GORDON GAZETTE

A man is dead following a fire Friday morning in Gordon County.

According to the Gordon Gazette:

Shortly after 8 a.m. this morning, personnel with Gordon County Fire & Rescue responded to a structure fire at the corner of Hanes Road and Oakman Road, near the old school house building in Oakman. According to GCF&R Battalion Chief Heath Derryberry, upon arrival, fire personnel discovered an outbuilding with an attached camper fully engulfed in flames. It appears a man had been living in the structure, which had no electricity or water, and he was using numerous grill-type propane tanks for heat. The man did get out of the structure but was found deceased in front of the burning building when fire personnel arrived.

Local Weather

ROME WEATHER